Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday 15 March 2013

A Literary Feel

 [1]  Ripper   [2]  Pancakes   [3]  Valentines Day

I didn't complete NaNoWriMo in November, it sort of came to head and I couldn't write anymore at the time but I've been dipping back into it recently, looking into the 29,212 words I have written so far and annotating and highlighting bits and pieces that need rewording or just completely rethinking all together. I have a little folder that I'm keeping it all in: the character profiles, the locations, thought processes. I have to admit, I'm really enjoying this and to be honest I think that is exactly how attempting to write a novel should be. What is the point of putting all of your time and effort into something if you aren't going to enjoy it. It's strange to think that this is all based off of a dream that I had in May last year - a dream that I can still vividly remember. I'm quite proud of what I have done so far to be honest.

[1]  This Book Is Full Of Spiders   [2]  Excerpt   [3]  The Lord Of The Rings

I'm trying to read a lot more this year, having started with 'This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously Dude Don't Touch It' by David Wong. The book is the sequel to 'John Dies At The End' though you don't necessarily have to read it to enjoy Wong's second book. I love how fun this book is and how once you've started you just can't put it down. It made me laugh and I'm going to admit that I cried pretty damn hard towards the end... but then again most books manage that whether the situation be worthy of tears or not. Truly a fantastic book though, I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.

"Shut the fuck up. Did you kill Franky?”
John said, “It was self-defense. And he stole my car, he drove it here and I had to walk all the way from the police station. Got here just in time, he was raping Dave when I walked in.”
“He wasn’t-“
“SHUT UP. Both of you. You’re coming with me.” To me he said, “Put some pants on.”
“Fuck you. This is my house. I make the rules. You take your clothes off. John, get the Twister mat.


I should be banned from entering Waterstones quite frankly. I know for a fact that I can get books so much cheaper on the internet yet I find myself fawning over books and before I know it I'm leaving with two or three. My poor bank account. My most recent purchases are 'The Hobbit' and 'The Fellowship Of The Ring' by J.R.R. Tolkien. Dale had introduced me to 'The Lord of the Rings' a while ago and my God those films are long. And then we went to see 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' when it came out in December. Again it's a long film, the kind of film my sister would be too fidgety to sit through but it was incredibly good - so good in fact that I found another new obsession (as if I haven't got enough as it is). I'm really enjoying the book so far and I'm glad I decided to give it a go. 

Currently watching: Being Human and Once Upon A Time
Currently listening to: Imagine Dragons - Night Visions, Biffy Clyro - Opposites and of course The Airborne Toxic Event
Currently looking forward to: Rocky Horror Picture Show on Monday and Biffy Clyro in Manchester the following Monday